In a report released in April 2009, AdMob compared its market share stats vs. Gartner's.
The findings indicate a few things:
- AdMob's stats are iPhone heavy;
- Mobile usage, which is what AdMob tracks doesn't match market share;
- Symbian, RIM and Windows Mobile have market share, but lag in mobile Web usage.
The notable chart from the AdMob report is the AdMob share of requests broken down by operators and manufacturer. The takeaways:
- AT&T is reliant on Apple;
- Verizon Wireless is in bed with RIM;
- T-Mobile relies on HTC a good bit;
- And the rest of the pack relies heavily on Samsung.